VAN DER MARK
We are happy to share our research for your personal files. Please refer our site to other researchers instead of forwarding our research.
It was necessary to remove some research from our web page as
some people feel our research is better suited on their site. Some have felt the need to put our family informaiton into a ged com. At no
time was permission granted.
LINE OF HARRIET DEUEL SWAYZE
1. Thomas VAN DER MARK, was born in Holland, in 1643. He settled at Esopus (now Kingston), Ulster County, NY, about 1665. He later removed to Marbletown Ulster County, where he died in 1724, aged 81. He married Jacomyntje Jacobs about 1674. She died April 2,1693. Both are buried in the cemetery adjoining the old Reformed Church at Marbletown.
They had 10 children: Arie, Jacob, Jannetie, Bastian, Douwe, Aariantie, Theophilus, Eycke, Frederick and Augustinus.
2. Arie VAN DER MARK, born Kingston or Marbletown about 1675. He
married August 27, 1699, Saartje Bont (Sarah Bond), born Schenectady and
resident of Kingston. She was the daughter of Hendrick Lambertzen Bond, who
was at Schenectady before 1692. In 1709 Arie was taxed in Marbletown for
1" Chimney". He is on the lists of Marbletown freeholders in 1715 and 1728.
Their children were: Thomas, Jacomyntje, Jeremiah, Geesje (Grace or Charity)
Hendrick, Ariaantjen, Jacob, Rachel, Geesjen, Augustinus, and Douwen.
3. Jacob VAN DER MARK, baptized Kingston, May 7, 1710. He
married Kingston, May 17, 1730, Christina Van Garden. She was baptized
Rochester (now Accord), Ulster County, NY, Sept. 18, 1709, daughter of
Gysbert (Gilbert) Van Garden and Rachel Rosencrantz.
Their children were: Gysbert, Catrina, Ary, Sylvester, John, Sarah, Joseph,
John, Maria and Jannetie.
4. Sylvester VAN DER MARK, born about 1740. He married 1762
Margaret Rapalje. She was baptized Kingston, October 31, 1742, the
daughter of Jeronimus Rapelje and Lydia Van Leuven.
Children of Sylvester Van der Mark and Margaret Rapalje were: Jacob, Lydia, Catherine, John, Saartje, Sylvester Jr., Margaret, Isaac, Abraham, and Maria.
Baptisms of all Van der Mark children confirmed except Lydia.
Old Dutch Church, Kingston, NY: Catharina, Margaret, Isaac, Abraham,
Conferentie, Kripple Bush, NY: John and Sylvester
Reformed Dutch Church, Marbletown, NY: Jacob and Saartje.
5. Lydia VAN DER MARK, born 1768. No record of baptism. She marrried Ebenezer Louis Robison. Contact Roberta if you are researching this line.
Duff Roberts Descends from the above line. Ancestor Surnames
Bob Vandermark Descends from John, son of Jacob Van der Mark and
Christina Van Garden. Ancestor Surnames
Doulas Simmons Descends from Howard Adelbert Vandermark.
Web Page: Children of Thomas Vandermark Van der Mark data base
includes names in the Van der Mark Ancestry Book.
Lori Luke Families of Early Ulster County NY
Baptismal & Marriage Registers, Old Dutch Church, Kingston: Hoes
Van Der Mark Ancestry: Kate Koon Bovey
Return to: Genealogy
Updated: March 01, 2002
Web Page: Harriet's Letters On Line